Menu

SLIDE OF THE WEEK

It is thanks to the Mid-Continent Supply Company of Fort Worth that we have the largest freestanding statue in the world, the "Golden Driller." They first introduced the 76 foot giant at Tulsa’s annual International Petroleum Exposition in 1953. In 1959 he was temporarily displayed again for the show. But it wasn’t until 1966, after he was slightly remolded –he no longer looks like a giant academy award wearing a hard hat saying "how sweet it is," that he was permanently posed in Tulsa at 21st Street and Pittsburg Avenue.

CLICK FOR MORE!