FREE EVENT – BOB BAKER DAY 2020
Los Angeles State Historic Park
1245 N Spring St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Celebrate the 6th-annual Bob Baker Day with an all-day carnival at the beautiful Los Angeles State Historic Park, complete with puppets, music, games, and more fun! FREE and OPEN to all on February 29th!
“Ambassador of Americana” Charles Phoenix will lead the day as Grand Marshall as – for one day only – the LA State Historic Park is transformed into a carnival of whimsy complete with:
- Performances by the Bob Baker Marionettes
- Live entertainment by Yo Gabba Gabba’s DJ Lance Rock, Buster Balloon, Funny Eddie
- Guided puppetry with David Arquette
- Special DJ set by OKGO’s Tim Nordwind, who will be spinning archival BBMT vinyl selected from Bob Baker’s personal collection of rare and out- of-print records
- Educational activities by Southern California Children’s Museum and the Los Angeles Guild of Puppetry
- Live musical performances by King Kukulele, American harmony duo Tiny & Mary, family folk band The Hollow Trees, Frank Fairfield, Snooknuk, Very Be Careful, and surprise guests!
- Artist-made BBMT-inspired creations and vintage clothing Limited edition Bob Baker clothing by Big Bud Press
- Pop-up face painting booths, puppetry workshops, food trucks, and so much more!
This celebration is FREE and OPEN to Angelenos and visitors alike