WATCH VIDEO: INCHEZONYA
Inchezonya, pronounced “INCHEZ-ON-YA,” is the crowd-pleasing marriage of two classic casserole dishes, enchiladas and lasagna It’s potluck perfection!
Because it’s a new addition to the gastronomical galaxy, I spelled I-N-C-H-E-Z-O-N-Y-A out in green onions on a lasagna noodle and placed it diagonally like a sash on a beauty queen. People want to know what they are eating!
Who knew enchilada sauce and pasta sauce blended so harmoniously; that tortillas and noodles duet so deliciously? All that with pounds of meat and mounds of melted cheese…it’s yummy, yummy in everyone’s potluck tummy! But don’t eat too much…it is called INCHEZONYA after all. And you’ll want to save some room for a big piece of Cherpumple for dessert!
INCHEZONYA – SO easy to make and bake! I invite you to try this in your test kitchen! Please SEND PIX!!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 24 corn tortillas
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 lg can red enchilada sauce
- 1 lg can green enchilada sauce
- I lg jar chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions
- Sauté ground beef until done
- Cook lasagna noodles according to box instruction
- Mix sauces together in large bowl
- Cover the bottom of a large aluminum roasting pan with about 1 cup of sauce. Cover the bottom of the pan with 12 tortillas dipped in sauce.
- On top of that, layer about third of cheese and half the meat. Cover with sauce and repeat layers ending with a layer of lasagna noodles on top.
- Add the rest of the sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil and cover with the last third of the cheese. Put back in over for 10 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly melted.
For the INCHEZONYA title banner:
Spray a cooked lasagna noodle on a foil covered baking sheet with Pam cooking spray. Cut green onions to spell out INCHEZONYA. Put it in the broiler for a couple of minutes. Remove just before the green onions begin to brown. Let cool. Cut the leftover green onions into confetti size pieces and throw them on the melted cheese right after you take it out of the oven. Place the title banner and serve with Americana pride!
Here’s to my Inchezonya, your Inchezonya and YOU!