Yesterday Once More: Legend and Landmarks of the Carpenters
Joining Charles for this one-time only tour is Randy L. Schmidt, author of Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter. He will tell their epic story as he shares his unparalleled insight into the life and times of the Carpenters. The day begins with a very special slide show of rare images and behind-the-scenes stories of the Carpenter’s legendary rise to superstardom and beyond, followed by a field trip bus tour of landmarks in their adopted hometown of Downey, CA.
- Shoji Apartments: Richard and Karen’s first residence after they moved to California from Connecticut in 1963
- Luxury home they bought for and shared with their parents…and where Karen died
- Home Karen and Richard shared after superstardom
- Downey High School where they both graduated
- Methodist Church where her funeral was held
- Only Just Begun and Close To You Apartments, named after first mega hits
- No host lunch at the site of Karen’s last meal, El Taco
This 4-hour school bus field trip tour and slide show begins and ends at the Downey Woman’s Club, located at 9813 Paramount Blvd Downey, CA 90240
PLEASE NOTE: We will not tour home interiors. Lunch at El Taco is **no-host.** Taco snack and transportation are all included in the $79 ticket price. Itinerary may change without notice. This tour happens RAIN OR SHINE.
Wear comfortable walking shoes and PLEASE BE ON TIME!