Watch Video: Inchezonya

Enchiladas meet Lasagna ... It's Pot-luck Perfection!

Inchezonya, pronounced “INCHEZ-ON-YA,” is the crowd-pleasing marriage of two classic casserole dishes, enchiladas and lasagna It’s potluck perfection!

Because it’s a new addition to the gastronomical galaxy, I spelled I-N-C-H-E-Z-O-N-Y-A out in green onions on a lasagna noodle and placed it diagonally like a sash on a beauty queen. People want to know what they are eating!

Who knew enchilada sauce and pasta sauce blended so harmoniously; that tortillas and noodles duet so deliciously? All that with pounds of meat and mounds of melted cheese…it’s yummy, yummy in everyone’s potluck tummy! But don’t eat too much…it is called INCHEZONYA after all. And you’ll want to save some room for a big piece of Cherpumple for dessert!

INCHEZONYA – SO easy to make and bake! I invite you to try this in your test kitchen! Please SEND PIX!!!

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs ground beef
  • 24 corn tortillas
  • 1 box lasagna noodles
  • 1 lg can red enchilada sauce
  • 1 lg can green enchilada sauce
  • I lg jar chunky tomato pasta sauce
  • 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
  • 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • 6 green onions

Prep:

1. Sauté ground beef until done
  2. Cook lasagna noodles according to box instruction
  3. Mix sauces together in large bowl

Layer:

1. Cover the bottom of a large aluminum roasting pan with about 1 cup of sauce. Cover the bottom of the pan with 12 tortillas dipped in sauce.
  2. On top of that, layer about third of cheese and half the meat. Cover with sauce and repeat layers ending with a layer of lasagna noodles on top.
  3. Add the rest of the sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil and cover with the last third of the cheese. Put back in over for 10 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly melted.

For the INCHEZONYA title banner:
Spray a cooked lasagna noodle on a foil covered baking sheet with Pam cooking spray. Cut green onions to spell out INCHEZONYA. Put it in the broiler for a couple of minutes. Remove just before the green onions begin to brown. Let cool. Cut the leftover green onions into confetti size pieces and throw them on the melted cheese right after you take it out of the oven. Place the title banner and serve with Americana pride!

Here’s to my Inchezonya, your Inchezonya and YOU!

Charles Phoenix holds up his Inchezonya enchilada and lasagna creation

MADE YOUR OWN? SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD!

Even MORE Inchezonyas made by Fans like YOU!

16 Responses to “Watch Video: Inchezonya”

1. [...] a dessert version of the Turducken/Inception Dessert combining 3 cakes and 3 pies into 1, and the Inchezonya, an entree that combines lasagna and [...]

2. Ed says:

After watching the video for INCHEZONYA, decided to try it for my wife and daughters. Very easy to prepare and cook. Took a little longer cooking time then posted, but it worked out fine. Everyone really liked it and I had leftovers for lunch for the next 2 days, can’t beat that. Well done Mr. phoenix.

3. Misha says:

I made this as described above for a potluck at work (adding diced onion to the ground beef), and it was consumed lickety-split! I felt it lacked *something* and told my co-workers they were my guinea pigs, so they were free to offer suggestions.

I made another one this week, with the following changes:

Warmed up the tortillas in a frying pan before dipping them in sauce, and did a double layer of them, to prevent mushy tortillas.

Added diced ortega chiles and fresh cilantro on top of the “enchilada” layers.

Spread some ricotta cheese and a bit of parmesan cheese on top of the lasagna noodles before spooning the meat on top of it, and sprinkled sliced olives on the top of the lasagna layers. Made sure to use both mozzarella and cheddar on top, and dusted with a bit more parmesan.

I also let the cheese on top get a hint of being burnt before I removed it from the oven, as I had accidentally done so the first time I made it, and my co-workers raved about how wonderful the cheese was on top.

Served it with a bit of sour cream on the side, and it was divine! :)

4. Darcy Darnoc says:

How about adding some jalapenos, and a splash of hatch !!!

5. Kittie Velour says:

Meow! Kittie like!!!
    That is Bella Fantastico!!!
    Charles you are a GENIUS!!!

6. Danika says:

I was lucky enough to participate in the eating of this tasty dish that evening, and it was FANTASTIC! It didn’t disappoint, Charles. I’ll admit I was a little perplexed by the idea at first, but it came out first-rate. You will go down in history as the inventor/Reverend who first married enchiladas and lasagne. A match made in heaven, indeed. : )

7. Naughtily Nopps says:

Here’s a handy INCHEZONYA hint from the Nopps kitchen:

Place the foil pan on a large cookie sheet before you add the ingredients – then you have a sturdy bottom so you won’t spill anything when you put it in and take it out of the oven!

8. VampKatt65 says:

Brilliant! Does this mean that when I make this, it counts as two nights’ dinners and I only have to cook half as often? I especially like the edible label on top. I’ve long believed this should be mandatory on all casseroles at potluck events.

9. Dustin says:

Video! The people demand video!

10. AmyR says:

My mouth is watering…

11. Sally MacAller says:

Looks terrific and bet it serves at least 15 people! I would add garlic and some chopped onions to the recipe however.

Keep those recipes coming Charles and please dare a Dagwood sandwich!!!

12. INCHEZONYA QUESTIONS Patti writes:
    “Your recent culinary concoction, the Inchezonya, looks delicious. I
    can’t wait to give it a try. Could you please let me know what degree
    should the oven be? Also, what “large” means for the sauces? 14 oz?
    24? I’m not sure and I wouldn’t want to ruin such a creative dish.”

Dear Patty,
    Oven temp should be about 350…the ‘large’ cans of enchilada sauce I’m referning to are the ones that are the same height as a classic Campbell’s Soup can… but fatter!…must be the 24oz can!

Deliciously,
    Charles

13. Alan says:

All kidding aside, this could be the new mainstay for potluck suppers. At a weight lifing competition, it could double as the weights, as well as the dinner afterward. I truly suspect this dish will live on, it looks delicious.

14. Big Tony says:

Oh, man, this will go great with the next celebration we have here – the name is even cool. You’re right, Charles, add a big ol’ piece of Cherpumple and you’ve got a meal nobody’s going to forget. Dude – you rock in that you even spelled the name of the dish ON the dish – that’s the crown jewel on the whole thing.

15. susan says:

How could this not be delicious. I’d love to eat this the day after
    my annual physical exam and blood test, when my cholesterol level
    has already been measured and I can go to town and have a ball.
    Add in Sangria and you’ve got a fiesta!

16. Brian Bostron says:

This looks so good. You did not say how many servings it yields. I would guess somewhere around 3 or 4.

Hoping you are making an appearance in Denver in August…